At Derbyshire County Cricket Club, our aim is to attract, develop and retain ambitious and forward thinking individuals in order to create a culture of great talent.
We take pride in what we do and the surroundings in which we do it and value our staff as highly as all other facets of the organisation.
We believe that The 3aaa County Ground is a positive and rewarding working environment, giving employees the opportunity to progress and thrive in their careers. Why not visit the vacancies page to see what’s available right now?
Derbyshire County Cricket Club is seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Sous Chef who will play a pivotal role in the transition of our £1m+ catering operation from our existing contract catering model to a high quality, customer focused in-house catering operation.
The role is broad and highly rewarding; the successful candidate will assist in developing the Club’s match-day food offering; specifically hospitality and fast food kiosks and for the growing Conference, Meetings, Weddings and Events business at The 3aaa County Ground.
Continual development of the business; menus, products and presentation, service techniques and operational efficiencies will be essential for the success of the role.
Reporting to the Head Chef your key objectives will be:
- Set the standard for “Proud to be Derbyshire” customer service throughout the organisation by championing this through the catering team
- Help to develop, design and produce menus and templates with portion controls that lead into stock orders and replenishment.
- Control stock and replenishment, auditing all stock for every event and also oversee audited monthly stock takes.
- Liaise with key suppliers on standards of service.
- Help to manage the quality control of the kitchen and food offering.
- Help to manage, monitor and improve, where required, all Health & Hygiene associated with the department.
We are looking for a candidate with good kitchen knowledge and experience within a catering environment; with basic management and leadership skills.
The successful candidate will provide value to our business by demonstrating excellent knowledge of food within a fast paced environment.
Salary IRO £20K (dependent on experience) plus benefits
Interested candidates should email an up-to-date CV and covering letter to:
John Thornton, Head of Catering at Derbyshire County Cricket Club; firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to John Thornton, Head of Catering, Derbyshire County Cricket Club, Grandstand Road, Derby, DE21 6AF.
For more information about job opportunities at Derbyshire County Cricket Club, please contact email@example.com post to:
Derbyshire County Cricket Club
The 3aaa County Ground