Tickets are sold subject to the regulations of Derbyshire County Cricket Club (“the club”).
All tickets sold are non-refundable after purchase, except for when the Club’s Rain Check / Refund Policy (stated below) applies. All refunds are at the discretion of the Chief Executive.
Tickets are only valid if presented complete. Tickets are issued on the condition that they are not resold for more than face value. Any purchaser contravening this regulation will be prevented from purchasing tickets in the future. Please take care of your tickets as duplicates can only be issued up to 48 hours before.
The club reserves the right to change ticket prices at any time. The club may run promotional offers, which may include a change in price, at any time. Normal rain check and refund policy applies.
The club reserves the right to change the advertised fixtures without notice and liability where it is necessary to do so and provide you with an alternative seat to that specified on the ticket.
The club reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
Please note that seating is non-reserved and some fixture will not all be seated, depending on demand.
- Tickets shall not be resold or transferred (save as mentioned in (2) below) and shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any person, commercial agent, company or otherwise than directly by the applicant from the club or its authorised agent. Any tickets advertised for sale other than by the club or its authorised agents will be void.
- If more than one ticket is issued to an applicant those tickets may be used only by the applicant and the person(s) intending to accompany that applicant to and at the event. The provision of such ticket by an applicant to such person without payment shall not contravene (1) above.
- Tickets are issued subject to Ground Regulations established by the club and/or the England & Wales Cricket Board (“the ECB”) from time to time and the club and/or the ECB shall be entitled to refuse admission to any ticket holder in reasonable circumstances and shall give written reasons if requested. A copy of the full Ground Regulations currently in force is available on derbyshireccc.com and is also available on application.
- Any ticket obtained in breach of these conditions shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such ticket shall be nullified. Any person seeking to use a ticket obtained in breach of these conditions in order to gain or provide entry to or remain at the club will be a trespasser and will be ejected and liable to legal action.
- Tickets remain the property of the club and/or ECB at all times.
- The club and the ECB reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time. Where such change materially affects the rights of the purchaser, the purchaser will have the right to a full refund.
- Advanced sale, with discounted price, to cease the day before the start of the game.
- Students purchasing a Student Ticket must show a valid NUS card or valid University ID card on entry.
- Once Day 1 of a 4 day game commences, all tickets purchased for Days 2, 3 and 4 revert to full price.
- Car Parking at The Incora County Ground and Queen’s Park, Chesterfield, subject to availability and is non-refundable.
- Derbyshire CCC will, from time to time, place special ticket offers in various locations to assist with the promotion of fixtures. In the event that a person already holding tickets for a match gains visibility on such a special offer, they can of course use it in order to purchase further tickets, however, refunds on tickets already purchased cannot be offered.
Rain Check / Refund Policy
If in any day’s play less than 10 overs take place, the ticket can be retain and used for free entry at any other day’s play of a Derbyshire fixture during the same season (except Cat A or all-ticket matches). We encourage all supporters to reuse their tickets to enjoy another day of cricket with us.
Alternatively, if a supporter is unable to attend a future fixture in the same season, a refund may be claimed by applying in writing to the ticket office enclosing your ticket(s) along with your name and address.
All refunds are at the discretion of the Chief Executive. Please allow 21 days for administration of refunds.
All parking tickets are non-refundable.
This policy applies for all home Derbyshire County Cricket Club fixtures played at The Incora County Ground or any other venue.
The club reserve the right to review this policy at any time.
For quarter-final fixtures with a reserve day; ticket holders will be able to apply for a refund if less than 10 overs are bowled on the reserve day. The above applies after the reserve day.
Covid-19 and 2020 Match Tickets
- The Club will notify all 2020 ticket-buyers in writing of its ticket policies relating to the 2020 season.
- The Club will use an email address where possible and if an email address is not held on file a letter will be sent out by post.
- The Club will use email addresses and postal addresses on file at the time of purchase. It is the responsibility of the individual ticket-buyer to inform the Club of any changes to these contact details.
- All 2020 ticket-buyers must notify the club of their chosen option, as detailed in their policy communication, by 5pm on 14 August 2020. Any ticket-buyer who does not contact the Club by this date will be automatically included in Option 1 (Donate).
- Ticket-buyers will receive separate communication per fixture and all option choices refer to the individual fixture only.
- Any ticket-buyer who wishes to apply for a 2020 ticket refund must notify the Club by 5pm on 14 August 2020 using the form on our 2020 Ticket Refunds page.
- The Club reserves the right to refuse any refund requests made after 14 August 2020.
- All dates communicated in the Ticket-Buyer Options Letter remain valid.
This is non-transferrable to other formats.
This includes all seven Vitality Blast home group fixtures and excludes quarter/semi-finals.
No refund or exchange will be offered if the holder fails to use at all matches.
Buyers will be entitled to a percentage refund of the value of their Season Pass should any game(s) not be constituted in line with the club’s ticketing terms & conditions.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all Blast Pass holders can transfer their pass to 2021 at no extra cost. Blast Pass holders must notify the club of their chosen option by 5pm on 14 August 2020.
Disabled supporters in need of a carer will pay in full for their tickets/Membership, but entry to the ground for their carer is free of charge.
Disabled Car Parking facilities will be available as follows – first come, first served, subject to availability. These facilities will provide preferential access but will be paid for equally to standard car parking as per standard practice.
Vitality Blast ‘Earn Your Stripes’ reward scheme: Return for £10 offer
A Vitality Blast ticket purchaser can buy tickets for another fixture, in the same season, at a discounted rate of only £10 per adult ticket.
- This offer is only valid when purchasing additional tickets in a separate transaction to the original ticket purchase.
- The ticket purchaser can buy a maximum of four tickets for one additional fixture in the same season.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance of the day of the returning fixture
- Excludes Category A games versus Yorkshire Vikings and Notts Outlaws, and any home quarter-finals.
To claim the offer, the original ticket purchaser can quote the promo code on the promotional flyer over the phone by calling 01332 388 101 or show the promotional flyer at reception at The Incora County Ground.
Free Ticket Vouchers
The club will, from time to time and in line with Charity policy, give out vouchers for free tickets. These must be exchanged for match tickets in advance of the day of the game and only for the fixture(s) published on the voucher.