Membership Terms & Conditions
By applying for Membership of Derbyshire County Cricket Club (“the Club”) you are entering into a contract with the Club which is subject to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not apply for Membership.
- Interpretation of these terms and conditions
1.1 In these terms and conditions the following terms have the following meanings:
Appendix means the appendix to these terms and conditions
Benefits means the benefits available to Members detailed in the Appendix
Members means members of the Club and Membership means membership of the Club
Membership Fees means the fees payable for Membership
Membership Packages means the different membership categories available, the details of which are set out in the Appendix
Premises means the Club’s premises at The 3aaa Country Ground, Nottingham Road, Derby or, during the annual Chesterfield Festival of Cricket, Queen’s Park, Chesterfield.
Season means the period 1 April to 30 September in any year
Staff means an employee of the Club
You means Members or anyone wishing to become a member
- Membership Applications
2.1 You can apply for Membership by filling in a Membership application form (which is available online or in hard copy format from the Club) or by providing the necessary details to the appropriate member of Staff.
2.2 Information provided in a Membership application must be true and accurate at the time of applying and all applications will be subject to determination by the Club.
- Membership Cards
Members will be issued with a Membership card which they will need to show to qualify for Benefits. If Membership Cards are lost, they can be replaced at a cost of £20 each. Membership Cards cannot be loaned or transferred to any third party.
- Membership Term
4.1 Membership lasts for the duration of the forthcoming year or the remainder of the current year following a successful Membership application.
4.2 Membership applications for a particular year can be made in advance of the year once the Membership Packages available for that year have been launched by the Club, or at any time during the year.
- Payments, renewals and cancellations
5.1 Membership will only commence once an application has been accepted and Membership Fees have been paid in full.
5.2 Different Membership Fees apply to the various Membership Packages, details of which are set out in the Appendix.
5.3 Except as set out at paragraph 5.4, Membership will automatically expire at the end of the year and can be renewed by a further application to the Club.
5.4 At the end of a year, the Membership of any Member who has paid for Membership by Direct Debit will automatically be renewed prior to the start of the next Season. We will notify those Members in advance of taking payment for the renewed Membership and they can inform us if they not wish to renew their Membership.
5.5 Once payment for Membership has been made, Membership can be cancelled at any time but Membership Fees paid will only be refunded at the discretion of the Chief Executive.
- Membership Benefits
6.1 Different Benefits are available for different Membership Packages and Members should ensure that they choose the right Package for the Benefits they wish to receive.
6.2 The Benefits available are set out in the Appendix.
6.3 Except as specified in the Appendix, Benefits are for the Benefit of the Member and cannot be sold, loaned or transferred.
6.4 Benefits can be changed by the Club from time to time and will only be available to Members who have paid for Membership in full.
6.5 Members and/or immediate family members can claim 10% of the total value when they book any Event at The 3aaa County Ground taking place in the same year of the Membership; minimum spend of £1,000 applies to receive this offer. The offer is available for any of the following events; Weddings, Conferences, Meetings, Private Parties or Gala Dinners. Applies to new bookings only. Normal Conference & Events terms and conditions apply.
6.6 Free Vitality blast tickets for Junior Members to the opening home game at Derby excludes Category A games against Notts Outlaws and Yorkshire Vikings.
- Membership Ambassador Scheme
7.1 Any Member who introduces to the Club an individual who has not been a member during the previous two Seasons and who then becomes a Member (a “New Member”) will be entitled to:
7.1.1 £50 cash back if they introduce any New Member over the age of 21 who becomes a Club or a Pattonair Executive Club Member; and
7.1.2 £25 cash back if they introduce any New Member aged 16-21 who becomes a Age 16-21/Student Member.
up to a maximum of a sum equivalent to the introducing Member’s Membership Fees for the year in question.
7.1.3 To claim the cash back to which they are entitled upon introducing a New Member, Members must complete the relevant form and ensure that this is submitted at the time of the New Member’s Membership application.
7.1.4 Cash reward will be paid by cheque within 28 days of receiving full payment from the New Member.
7.1.5 The Club receives the right to change or withdraw this offer at any time.
- Revocation of Membership
8.1 The Club reserves the right to revoke the Membership of or deny access to the Premises to any Member who damages any Club property, behaves in a way that diminishes the enjoyment of other Members of visitors to the Premises or acts in a way that might bring the Club into disrepute, in each case without the Member being entitled to any refund of Membership Fees paid.
9.1 If the Club fails to insist on your performance of your obligations under the contract between you and it or fails to enforce its rights or delay in doing so, this does not mean that you do not have to comply with these obligations. A default by you can only be waived by the Club in writing.
9.2 Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operates separately and, if any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
9.3 A person who is not a party to the contract between the Club and the Member will not have any rights in connection with it.
9.4 These Conditions are governed by English law and you and the Club both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Tickets Terms and Conditions
Tickets are sold subject to the regulations of Derbyshire County Cricket Club (“the Club”).
All tickets sold are non-refundable after purchase, except for when the Club’s Rain Check / Refund Policy (stated below) applies. All refunds are at the discretion of the Chief Executive
Tickets are only valid if presented complete. Tickets are issued on the condition that they are not resold for more than face value. Any purchaser contravening this regulation will be prevented from purchasing tickets in the future. Please take care of your tickets as duplicates can only be issued up to 48 hours before.
The Club reserves the right to change ticket prices at any time. The Club may run promotional offers, which may include a change in price, at any time. Normal rain check and refund policy applies.
The Club reserves the right to change the advertised fixtures without notice and liability where it is necessary to do so and provide you with an alternative seat to that specified on the ticket.
The Club reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
Please note that seating is non-reserved and some fixture will not all be seated, depending on demand.
- Tickets shall not be resold or transferred (save as mentioned in (2) below) and shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any person, commercial agent, company or otherwise than directly by the applicant from the Club or its authorised agent. Any tickets advertised for sale other than by the Club or its authorised agents will be void.
- If more than one ticket is issued to an applicant those tickets may be used only by the applicant and the person(s) intending to accompany that applicant to and at the event. The provision of such ticket by an applicant to such person without payment shall not contravene (1) above.
- Tickets are issued subject to Ground Regulations established by the Club and/or the England & Wales Cricket Board (“the ECB”) from time to time and the Club and/or the ECB shall be entitled to refuse admission to any ticket holder in reasonable circumstances and shall give written reasons if requested. A copy of the full Ground Regulations currently in force is available on derbyshireccc.com and is also available on application.
- Any ticket obtained in breach of these conditions shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such ticket shall be nullified. Any person seeking to use a ticket obtained in breach of these conditions in order to gain or provide entry to or remain at the Club will be a trespasser and will be ejected and liable to legal action.
- Tickets remain the property of the Club and/or ECB at all times.
- The Club and the ECB reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time. Where such change materially affects the rights of the purchaser, the purchaser will have the right to a full refund.
- Advanced sale, with discounted price, to cease the day before the start of the game.
- Students purchasing a Student Ticket must show a valid NUS card or valid University ID card on entry.
- Once Day 1 of a 4 day game commences, all tickets purchased for Days 2, 3 and 4 revert to full price.
- Car Parking at The 3aaa County Ground and Queen’s Park, Chesterfield, subject to availability and is non-refundable.
- Derbyshire CCC will, from time to time, place special ticket offers in various locations to assist with the promotion of fixtures. In the event that a person already holding tickets for a match gains visibility on such a special offer, they can of course use it in order to purchase further tickets, however, refunds on tickets already purchased cannot be offered.
Rain Check / Refund Policy
If in any day’s play less than 10 overs take place, the ticket can be retain and used for free entry at any other day’s play of a Derbyshire fixture during the same season (except all-ticket matches). We encourage all supporters to reuse their tickets to enjoy another day of cricket with us.
Alternatively, if a supporter is unable to attend a future fixture in the same season, a refund may be claimed by applying in writing to the ticket office enclosing your ticket(s) along with your name and address. A refund claim must be received by the Club before the end of the current season. Any refund claims received by the Club after the final day of the current season will not be accepted.
All refunds are at the discretion of the Chief Executive. Please allow 21 days for administration of refunds.
All parking tickets are non-refundable.
This policy applies for all home Derbyshire County Cricket Club fixtures played at The 3aaa County Ground or any other venue.
The Club reserve the right to review this policy at any time.
For quarter-final fixtures with a reserve day; ticket holders will be able to apply for a refund if less than 10 overs are bowled on the reserve day. The above applies after the reserve day.
Six Pack Ticket
This is not a group ticket – it is for individual use at six separate days of cricket only. Six Pack Tickets are non-transferable.
This will be policed by the steward date stamping each Six Pack ticket book as the holder gains entry. Each Six Pack booklet to be given a unique number and name slot.
Six Pack Ticket excludes quarter/semi-finals should Derbyshire qualify for a home tie in the T20 Blast or One-Day Cup.
No refund or exchange will be offered if the holder fails to use all six days of cricket in the single season.
Disabled supporters in need of a carer will pay in full for their tickets/Membership, but entry to the ground for their carer is free of charge.
Disabled Car Parking facilities will be available as follows – first come, first served, subject to availability. These facilities will provide preferential access but will be paid for equally to standard car parking as per standard practice.
Vitality Blast ‘Earn Your Stripes’ reward scheme: Return for £10 offer
A Vitality Blast ticket purchaser can buy tickets for another fixture, in the same season, at a discounted rate of only £10 per adult ticket.
- This offer is only valid when purchasing additional tickets in a separate transaction to the original ticket purchase.
- The ticket purchaser can buy a maximum of four tickets for one additional fixture in the same season.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance of the day of the returning fixture
- Excludes Category A games versus Yorkshire Vikings and Notts Outlaws, and any home quarter-finals.
To claim the offer, the original ticket purchaser can quote the promo code on the promotional flyer over the phone by calling 01332 388 101 or show the promotional flyer at reception at The 3aaa County Ground.
Free Ticket Vouchers
The Club will, from time to time and in line with Charity policy, give out vouchers for free tickets. These must be exchanged for match tickets in advance of the day of the game and only for the fixture(s) published on the voucher.