The Cricket Derbyshire Foundation (Registered Charity No. 1155801) has received funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund to launch the Proud to be Derbyshire Heritage Project, designed to safeguard and promote the heritage of cricket across the county.
The project will form a Cricket Derbyshire photographic archive and bring together images spanning over 140 years. As well as a permanent archive at The 3aaa County Ground, the project will also produce an extensive online resource to be accessible to all.
The heritage project will recruit help from members, volunteers, community clubs, schools and other stakeholders. It is due to be completed by December 2015.
Commenting on the Award, Cricket Derbyshire Director of Partnerships, Ryan Duckett said: “We are delighted to have received this award from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
“The project will inspire, safeguard and promote the heritage of Derbyshire County Cricket Club and its intrinsic links with people across the county. The project will help preserve and house fascinating photographs that have significance for the county, but also for many people across the UK and the world.
“It will offer learning and volunteering opportunities as well as encouraging generations to share memories and better understand the heritage of cricket and the county.”
Heritage project objectives
Derbyshire County Cricket Club Proud to be Derbyshire Heritage Project will endeavor to strive towards achieving the following objectives;
- To obtain a photograph of every player to have played for Derbyshire County Cricket Club
- To obtain a team photograph of every Derbyshire County Cricket Club team from each season from 1871 to the present day
- To obtain a photograph of Derbyshire County Cricket Club competing in a fixture at The 3aaa County Ground and on each home out ground
- To obtain a photograph of each “Great” Derbyshire County Cricket Club player;
- Capped Players
- Overseas Players
- To create a list of incidental photographs that archive illustrious moments in the history of Derbyshire County Cricket Club from 1870 to present day
For more information, to register your interest to become a volunteer or to make any comments about the project, please email email@example.com