Supporters have voted for their favourite Derbyshire innings of the 21st century across the Club’s social media channels and the Club can now announce the top five.
The Club compiled a list of the top 20 innings by a Derbyshire player across all formats since 2000, based on the runs scored, match situation and the quality of the individual performance.
A large number of votes have been cast across Twitter, Facebook and via email and the top five can now be announced as the search for the supporters’ favourite #DCCCInnings continues.
Voting will now re-open and supporters will have until 5pm on Thursday 28 January to choose their winner.
The top five are;
4. Matt Critchley 137* – Derbyshire v Northamptonshire, County Championship 2015 – Scorecard
5. Michael Di Venuto 192* – Middlesex v Derbyshire, County Championship 2002 – Scorecard
9. Martin Guptill 227 – Gloucestershire v Derbyshire, County Championship 2015 – Scorecard
10. Chesney Hughes 270* – Yorkshire v Derbyshire, County Championship 2013 – Scorecard
12. Wayne Madsen 170* – Gloucestershire v Derbyshire, County Championship 2009 – Scorecard
There are three ways you can vote for your favourite Derbyshire innings of the 21st century.
Via Twitter – The Club will be tweeting graphics for each innings up until Thursday 28 January; simply RT or like your favourite innings to vote for them.
Supporters can also tweet the number and name of their nomination from the list above to the Club’s official Twitter account; @DerbyshireCCC.
Via Facebook – The Club will be posting graphics for each innings on our official Facebook; simply like the graphic to vote for your favourite.
Via Email – Email the number and name of your nomination to [email protected]
Voting closes on Thursday 28 January at 5pm and the winner will be announced the following day.
Derbyshire CCC Membership for 2016 is on sale. Buy before February 1st Early Bird deadline and SAVE! Purchase online at derbyshireccc.com, in person at The 3aaa County Ground or by calling 0871 350 1870.