As we build up to the Early Bird Membership deadline on February 1st, we are asking Derbyshire supporters to vote for their favourite innings of the 21st century.
The Club have compiled a list of the top 20 innings by a Derbyshire player across all formats since 2000, based on the runs scored, match situation and the quality of the individual performance.
Three standout knocks from the 2015 season have made it onto the shortlist, which also includes two innings apiece from Wes Durston, Martin Guptill and Wayne Madsen. Below is the shortlist;
- Chris Bassano 186* – Derbyshire v Gloucestershire, County Championship 2001 – Scorecard
- Travis Birt 108 – Derbyshire v Somerset, 40-over fixture 2006 – Scorecard
- Dominic Cork 200* – Derbyshire v Durham, County Championship 2000 – Scorecard
- Matt Critchley 137* – Derbyshire v Northamptonshire, County Championship 2015 – Scorecard
- Michael Di Venuto 192* – Middlesex v Derbyshire, County Championship 2002 – Scorecard
- Wes Durston 111 – Nottinghamshire v Derbyshire, Twenty20 2010 – Scorecard
- Wes Durston 129 – Surrey v Derbyshire, One-Day Cup 2015 – Scorecard
- Martin Guptill 103* – Derbyshire v Yorkshire, 40-over fixture 2011 – Scorecard
- Martin Guptill 227 – Gloucestershire v Derbyshire, County Championship 2015 – Scorecard
- Chesney Hughes 270* – Yorkshire v Derbyshire, County Championship 2013 – Scorecard
- Simon Katich 167 – Leicestershire v Derbyshire, County Championship 2007 – Scorecard
- Wayne Madsen 170* – Gloucestershire v Derbyshire, County Championship 2009 – Scorecard
- Wayne Madsen 141 – Derbyshire v Yorkshire, County Championship 2013 – Scorecard
- Jonathan Moss 147* – Durham v Derbyshire, County Championship 2004 – Scorecard
- James Pipe 133 – Derbyshire v Worcestershire, County Championship 2008 – Scorecard
- Chris Rogers 200 – Surrey v Derbyshire, County Championship 2010 – Scorecard
- Greg Smith 100* – Yorkshire v Derbyshire, Twenty20 2008 – Scorecard
- Chris Taylor 100 – Yorkshire v Derbyshire, One-Day Trophy 2006 – Scorecard
- David Wainwright 109 – Leicestershire v Derbyshire, County Championship 2014 – Scorecard
- Graeme Welch 115* – Leicestershire v Derbyshire, County Championship 2004 – Scorecard
How to vote
There are three ways you can vote for your favourite Derbyshire innings of the 21st century.
Via Twitter – The Club will be tweeting graphics for each innings throughout January; simply RT or like your favourite innings to vote for them.
Supporters can also tweet the number and name of their nomination from the list above to the Club’s official Twitter account; @DerbyshireCCC.
Via Facebook – The Club will be posting graphics for each innings on our official Facebook page throughout January; simply like the graphic to vote for your favourite.
Via Email – Email the number and name of your nomination to [email protected]
Voting closes on Tuesday 19 January at 5pm. The top five innings will be announced on Wednesday 20 January when voting will reopen to find the supporter’s favourite Derbyshire innings of the 21st century.
Derbyshire CCC Membership for 2016 is on sale. Buy before February 1st Early Bird deadline and SAVE! Purchase online at derbyshireccc.com, in person at The 3aaa County Ground or by calling 0871 350 1870.