On Wednesday 13 July, the Sky Sports cameras pay a visit to The 3aaa County Ground for Derbyshire’s NatWest Twenty20 Blast fixture with Lancashire Lightning.
To begin our statistical preview, the Falcons are now third when it comes to being awarded LBW decisions.
In their last match with Yorkshire Vikings, the Falcons were awarded their fifth LBW decision of the season when Matt Critchley trapped Jack Leaning for one.
- Head-to-Head: Derbyshire Falcons and Lancashire Lightning have met at the home of the Falcons twelve times and have shared the spoils with five wins apiece. The other two were a tie and an abandonment.
- Last Five: Derbyshire’s last five home matches with the Lightning have the Falcons enjoying three wins and suffering one defeat. The other was a tie in 2011 when, in a 103-run partnership, Wes Durston hit 86 and Chesney Hughes (65) reached his fifty in just 24 balls.
- Best T20 Bowling vs Lancashire: Dominic Hewson 4-18 in 2003.
- Best T20 Batting vs Lancashire: Shivnarine Chanderpaul 87 not out in 2013.
- 5 – Derbyshire won by five wickets in 2015.
- 128 – The total set for Derbyshire after putting Lancashire into bat.
- 51 – Hashim Amla top scored for the Falcons.
- 3 – Wayne White had bowling figures of 3-21 which also included a maiden.
- 93 – A 10 over partnership between Amla and Tillakaratne Dilshan (38).
- 5 – Lancashire’s Steven Parry has a season best bowling of 5-13 (vs Worcestershire).
- 169 – Karl Brown is the leading run scorer for Lancashire.
- 72 – Martin Guptill has the top innings score so far for the Lightning.
- 71 – Hamish Rutherford’s highest score this season was against this opposition.
- 9 – Jimmy Neesham is the top wicket-taker for the Falcons, he now has 51 in his Twenty20 career.
- 231 – Hamish Rutherford is Derbyshire’s top scoring batsman in 2016’s competition.
Supporters can save 20% by purchasing their NatWest T20 Blast matchday tickets in advance of the day of the game. Buy online, over the phone by calling 01332 388 101 or in person at The 3aaa County Ground.
Lancashire Lightning – Wed 13 July – BUY
Worcestershire Rapids – Fri 22 July – BUY