On Sunday 20 October The Hundred men’s Draft will mark an historic occasion in British sport, as the first major UK sport competition draft to be held in this country.
- Sky Sports News will cover the build-up all day, with live TV coverage starting at 7pm on Sky One, Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Cricket. It will also be available via Sky Sports’ Facebook and YouTube channels, the Sky Sports app and skysports.com.
- The BBC Sport website will host a live stream and text commentary on Sunday evening, while Radio 5 Live will look ahead to the draft with a special preview programme at 9pm on Wednesday night.
- thehundred.com will also host a live stream, plus you can follow along on the official The Hundred social media channels– Facebook and Instagram.
On the night, each Head Coach will select their team as follows:
An independently adjudicated pre-draft draw has determined the order of selection:
- Trent Rockets
- Southern Brave
- Northern Superchargers
- Welsh Fire
- Oval Invincibles
- Manchester Originals
- London Spirit
- Birmingham Phoenix
- Head Coaches will pick two players per round, with just 100 seconds per pick. There will be seven rounds to complete each squad. The first coach will select a player, followed by the next coach, and so on. Mid-round the selection order will reverse. Where an ‘icon player’ has already been picked, the team skip that turn in The Draft.
- 96 of the world’s best cricketers will be selected from a nearly 600-strong player pool; teams can select a maximum of three overseas players – with names like Steve Smith, Andre Russell and Rashid Khan up for grabs.
New signings for each of the eight women’s teams will also be revealed live on the night.
The following Derbyshire players will be included in The Hundred Draft:
Leus du Plooy